Monday 14th August, 2017
- Brian Peters: 1) I submitted my htc form and had feedback form Sai (had lots of help from Deepti ). The feedback was great, and my question is, “Am I off track with the specifics of my niche program?) We are clear my niche is Financial advisors. My program was 10 modules covering referrals, presentations, closing, objections etc,. However, the feedback really centred around referrals, and this opened the question should my program have say 8 modules of which 5 are solely referrals, eg module 1 psychology (Deepti helped identify this strategy) module 2 the approach, module 3 the scripts etc and so on, and then 3 modules of 1 other topic. So this really takes my whole program and focuses just on this main area. It is THE number 1 headache and priority for all advisors and as Sai also pointed out, any appt based businesses, eg accts, lawyers etc etc will benefit from being able to actively have a referral system. This will come later after my niche of FA’s is working and generating income and has good traction. So what I want to try to clarify is, should my program be amended to focus around referrals, (and and then I am thinking I can use the other topics are ‘interest getter’ or ‘freebie’ offers to engage clients to buy the main program of referrals? Hope this makes sense. Deepti has kindly commented that the referral ‘guru’ approach is the way (which means I would need to redo all the modules for my program, which is no issue as I started along this route yesterday, I would appreciate Sai’s follow up thoughts on this please.
2) I am conscious of ‘scaling’ and in prep have got two guys (experienced sales people in my industry 10 and 22 years) who are keen to be the guys taking the calls when the program is launched and try to make the sales and/or get prospects to the 2nd call strategy. They are happy to be in this long term. My question is, is there anything they could be doing now, to benefit the business model in prep for later, as I feel them ‘waiting’ for the launch is a waste of opportunity, however I am not sure what would be a good use of their talent at this early stage. Any ideas?
3) When doing modules for the program, which I understand at this initial stage is best with slides and voice over, what is an effective number of slides? as if the module is 45-60 minutes long, too few slides unlikely to be able to info across, and too many likely to scramble customers attention span. How many do you feel is in a ideal range please?
4) So Sai, I have been working on redoing my htc, along the lines we discussed, ie referral specialist with a view to adding the extra areas as you outlined, so am I ok resubmitting my htc form with the program for referrals as the niche within the niche of FA’s?
- Kal Atwal: 1) Hi Sai, I am still in niche nailing stage. My topic for today’s session is that I am struggling what to call myself. My niche is working on Startup Projects. Helping ideas bring specialist products and services to market. I am a combination of coach, mentor, advisor, project manager – I am thinking of avoiding a title and saying I work on start up projects – do you think this is ok? I am not quite any of the titles above AND the clients I am attracting seem not to be able to afford any outlay so I am agreeing % revenue shares. I may not be able to take another client on like this. I have no idea what to charge as a fee upfront. Plus final question. If I can get funding for one of my clients, should I charge a fee for me included in that?
- KR: 1)My two-pence. The Coach himself- what he knows and his way of communication – is his/her USP. How would a HTC respond to someone else on your behalf if he had to sign up for something which he thinks is to be a life changing decision? So ‘no’. I wouldn’t want to have a sales team portraying what the client may hope to get from me as a coach.
- Fred Atkinson: 1) Should I do a pay-scale where if somebody is getting paid less and they cannot afford your coaching, do you need to subsidize it in order to get them on-board because they are a great fit?
- Clare: 1) Im on the website bit in Sprint 2 and I was wondering is the About Us section about me or about my company? And how in depth does the “hero’s story” need to be? Thanks.
2) So do I tap into clients pain points?
Monday 7th August, 2017
- Brian Peters: 1) I listened to Sai’s blog with Jessica Nazarelli, who went from 1 – 1 coaching with 20 clients to group coaching of 35 or so in 12 mths. How did she handle 35 in a session, and what was she charging for her 1 – 1 ‘s and then her group coaching?
2) At which part of the course are we looking to try our first annual agreement and then add Q and A’s?
3) She mentions ‘soft opening’ which makes sense, (we used to do that when I opened new bars and night clubs). I’m thinking a soft opening with some of our clients and previous clients to try out the ‘annual’ membership or ‘monthly membership for eg 1 topic a month, eg referrals, and then 2 Q and A’s a week, for say $1k (usual price $3500 but to you :wink:) and then have some pdf’s as jessica did. Is this a good thing to run with now, as tester material or better to wait? And, if a good idea, how would be the better way of approaching it?
- Kal Atwal: 1) Email lists
a) I have discovered that emails from my new email address [email protected] sent via Outlook for Mac are going into some people’s junk mail. Even those sent to individual email addresses rather than multiple in the bcc. Any tips or suggestions on how to avoid this?
b) One of my mailing lists has around 1,500. I store it in excel and have been splitting names into 100s to send emails via Outlook for Mac from [email protected] I have found out these are not being received by some of my clients. Any tips or suggestions, in case different from above?
c) I am planning to move my customers from Asian Dinner Club over to a general email list until someone asks to unsubscribe. Is this something that could work?
d) Once I have a general list I was planning to subset it once I know which list to put people on – i.e. entrepreneurs, investors, dating clients etc – is this something that could work?
2) Customer Intelligence
a) Once we’re up and running, will there be somewhere to store customer notes. I am taking some brief notes currently such as a conversation/what someone does etc. I’m wondering whether I need to set something up in excel that I can store longer term.
- Ignacio Perez de Bartolome: 1) How do you engage with a potential JV? Is it good idea to send a portfolio?
- Linda Gentilcore: 1) As a first time coach without a blog/article presence, should this be a focus in parallel to building program?
- Clare: 1) Is a JV a business in the sector or with an individual, like a coach?
2) How do you manage to keep our group Q and A’s full of so much content, and with us all being able to ask questions and get feedback and keep it to an hour? Other groups I’ve in have Q and A’s that go on for 2.5 – 3 hours… far too long! And don’t necessarily add so much value.
3) Hey Sai.. lovely to be here again today. I was just wondering, now that my coaching programme outline is written, how do I do the videos? Does this come up later? Or should I be doing it now? And if so, what program do you recommend? Thank you 🙂
Monday 31st July, 2017
- Brian Peters: Is anyone here currently putting articles on LinkedIn and getting responses to contact them at their email address or click a link to their website? Thanks.
I am keeping an eye in LinkedIn and a few active coaches who drop their teaser points and then ‘ email me’ or ‘click this link’ which i assume takes them to their website. Is there any data to say which is more effective or not?
- Kal Atwal: For my own planning I am looking to get an estimate how long each phase of Accelerator could be done by. I know there are a lot of variables. However a rough estimate assuming I dedicate my time to each activity & waits for turnarounds in between? I.e when I could be running my first promotion, when I could have a website.
I have started ‘coming out’ online as am running my first London entrepreneur social for the largest network of entrepreneurs in the world. People have started to look me up from around the world!
– does it make sense to have and can I get a simple but personalised holding page done for my website in the interim? Kalatwal.com
– on Linked In I updated my persona in line with work put in so far with my niche nailing. I put that I work at a company called KalAtwal.com. Is that ok or any other suggestions on what I could have put?
- Sera Johnston: I launched my FB page at the beginning of July following a long period of getting “in my own way” I’ve received 40 likes in that time and felt it was getting momentum. Now I feel it’s lacking traction as the likes haven’t increased and my posts are reaching a low number of people. How do I increase traction and what is the best type of post to reach more people? Is it motivational words, blogs, or just start a conversation?
- Fred Atkinson: How long is the Webinar?
If a JV Partner wants to stipulate , what is in the webinar for them?
Where to located JV partners in one’s niche?
- Clare: How does the consistency bit work?
Why would a JV Partner invest in an unknown Coach?
Is the JV partner likely to be in the same industry or it is better if they are from a completely different industry?
Is there a lot of pressure doing certain things like building a tribe?
Do JV partners like it if you have loads of people?
So if you have different pages – they have a different focus – but is there an overarching theme?
- Lisa Morgan Mosley: Do you get business from your motivational Page?
- Kathryn Entwistle: Is it just to create convincing credibility for JVs?
Monday 24th July, 2017
- Brian Peters: Has anyone or is anyone doing a monthly membership with any success? eg $99 month or whatever amount, and receive updated sales techniques or again whatever your niche is? If you have tried it, what is the usual length of time people stay before they drop off.
Has anybody here previously tried to create a membership site?
Distinguish between a slang and a filler word.
- Joana Visa: My clients are mainly in western countries, especially in USA. If we present our package thinking about ” outcomes” I am worried to be sued (taking into court, lawsuit) by the American clients if something does go fine. I am thinking how we can protect ourselves against liability and not being found with legal problems. For example: If you took the package premium and you do the homework you are going to be a girlfriend in a month…. Maybe we can protect ourselves with a contract agreement.
- Jackie Nagten: Is membership site by definition always paid for?
Monday 17th July, 2017
- Brian Peters: 1. I am going though the structuring the high ticket program and saw reference to ‘don’t charge hourly, boot two hours and have an outcome based meeting’ which I thought was good, the bit that confused me was reference to hourly rate, as I thought we don’t do that . I don’t anyway I always charge monthly. ( The other one is in the feedback comment box in that section, Q ? how are we able to go back and review our comments after submitting ? many thanks
2. How long do you suggest video coaching modules should be by the way ? 1 hour, 2 ?
3. With Facebook ( being a complete novice here with FB )
Does it need constant monitoring? In the event there are negative comments posted for some reason by general public or ( jealous competition )?
Can this happen, and if so is it regular monitoring to remove or is it not possible to happen?
4. Could we use it to build rewards of credits towards getting discounts off our next sales module?
- Ari: What is the importance of moving header images in a website?
- Mario Tabone: 1: When shopping for a microphone is it best to purchase the:
– Desk attachment stand
– Free standing stand
2: Is there a TelePrompTer app/program that I could use to read out my script/content on my monitor for when I am recording?
- Ignacio Perez De Bartolome: How do you protect yourself from having clients breeze through your video content because of the gamification implemented and them not putting the effort to implement your content, making them undervalue your program? Thanks Sai
- Clare Ford: So how can we hold clients accountable through their actions/application in an on-line program?
Monday 10th July, 2017
- Pamela Udy: Do you encourage us to have an online course? if so, through what company?
- Jackie Naghten:
1. What do you suggest when we do not agree on the niche focus?
2. I’m really interested in your windows experience …is there a permanent swop?
3. Could you explain what you mean by ‘gamify’ please ?
4. You do not agree with my niche focus so therefore what happens now?”
- Ignacio Perez de Bartolome: What is the process you undergo to shift from one coaching niche/branch to another. For example, starting as a life coach and then wanting to go into executive coaching?
- Fred Atkinson:
1. I submitted to my director my bio, which he requested. I felt it was very impressive. However, when I saw him, he was very tight lipped. Should this be a matter of my concern?
2. Not clear on the interactivity among the community members.
3. Update on my question: It is better to be less “”strong”” on what I had said?
- Clare: How long do you recommend for the market research phase…I’m looking at a completely new ideal client avatar so don’t have a lot of people that I can ask currently…Thanks Sai.
- Chipo Shambare: Does this work for niche like integrative relationship where people are working on very personal issues. Will the clients want to share with others
- Sera Johnston: There not one that’s exactly the same, as some will offer coaching to women while others will offer coaching to parents?
- Lisa Morgan Mosley: When creating a group..is there an advantage in having a closed group verses a secret group?
- Mark: What is the usual timeframe to get a response on the niche report?
Monday 03rd July, 2017
- Fred Atkinson: With so many Facebook tools, can you mention which one is a good starting point for Level 2 coaches, and why?
- Clare Ford: 1. How do I patent or Trade Mark the concept for a potential product? The product I have in mind is Reiki healing in water… I want to call it “Wasui”. There is a similar product called Watsu which is Shiatsu in water… just a thought.
2. It’s quite hard to tell what is being charged just from fb page or website. Is this what we should be doing… it feels a bit like spying! Should we be pretending to be an ideal client of our competitors then?
3. Do we have to join the group in order to do our polls?
- Brian Peters: 1. What are sites I use for searching ‘click’ something and the other one to get the rating for my niche please Or where do I find the process. ?
2. just to clarify, we search for the admin to approach for JV ?
- Vikki Coombes: 1. Even though have just signed up my first high ticket client still working on my money mindset as a coach … any insights on releasing this mindset barrier I’ve created within myself?
2. I need a fluent french speaker … because that’s the group with the biggest number. Thankfully Gareth is!!
- KR Chandran: When one creates a vision for oneself and then ‘lives it’ – is it being the imposter? Or applying the LOA (Law of Attraction)?
My ‘being’ would be about what kind of a coach I am (what do I deliver) to any client. When wearing the ‘business hat’ yes, Integrity – abs essential.