Deciding to become a life coach is one of the most important decisions you will take.
Gone are the days when anyone could get up on stage and hopefully look to motivate a couple of people with a stirring speech and go back home and call themselves a coach.
Its much more complicated than that nowadays.
In order to be a life coach, you will have to be a businessman, a marketing guru, an exceptional orator and a charmer.
Here’s what you need to do:
This is a resource page designed to be a “Guide for Coaches”.
I have broken down all the places where a coach may get stuck and I have selected hand pick blog posts which do a very admirable job of addressing those issues.
You will learn everything that you will ever need to become a great life coach from scratch
Introducing: The Ultimate Coach Guide
So this is how it works.
Below are a set of chapters.
Click on the one that you want to read up on and you will directly jump to that article without any refreshing, pop ups and all those annoying stuff.
So choose one and get started.
- Chapter 1: How to know whether you are ready.
- Chapter 2: How to build a “connect-worthy” persona.
- Chapter 3: Becoming a master orator.
- Chapter 4: Finding your Mr. Miyagi.
- Chapter 5: Building an inspirational coaching business.
- Chapter 6: Finding the perfect client.
- Chapter 7: How to connect with your clients.
- Chapter 8: Becoming a Social Media Tsar.
- Chapter 9: Trusting the process.
If you like the coach guide, then please remember to share/tweet.
Chapter 1: How to know whether you are ready
“Deep down you already know the truth” – Anonymous
What I have linked out here are articles which argues both side of the coin.
I want you to form an unbiased opinion about yourself. This stage is absolutely critical. You need to know whether you are ready or not to take the step.
Knowing is half the battle.
- 4 Signs You Are Ready to Be A Coach | Omega.
- Are You Ready to Be A Coach | Dan Miller
Chapter 2: How to build a connect-worthy persona
“It is seldom that that beautiful persona are otherwise of great virtue” – Francis Bacon
This one of the most overlooked and underrated aspects of coaching.
You have to realise that adopting a persona that suits you is not about just being larger that life and a megalomaniac.
Its about being a role model, an ideal for all your clients to strive for.
Your persona should be something that I call “connect-worthy”, your clients should instantly feel a connection with you.
- The 3 Skills Every Coach Must Have | Sai Blackbyrn
- The Complete Actionable Guide To Marketing Personas | Buffer
- How to Create Personas | Hubspot
Chapter 3: Becoming a Master Orator
“Nothing is so unbelievable that oratory cannot make it acceptable” – Cicero
Mastering the art of oratory is very very important for a coach.
Think about it, what is the most important thing for a coach?
Its your duty as a coach to make sure that you are taking all the steps required to deliver your message to the people as clearly and passionately as possible.
Now, what do you think is one of the tools that you can use to do this?
That’s right…great oratory skills.
So here are some resources which will take your oratory skills to the next level:
- 5 Easy Ways to Become a Better Public Speaker – Fast | Entrepreneur
- Resurrecting the Lost Art of Oratory | Art Of Manliness
- 9 Tips to Give Your Best Speech Ever | Lifehack
Chapter 4: Finding Your Mr. Miyagi
“Your mentors in life are important, so choose them wisely” – Robert Kiyosaki
No matter what you do, finding great mentors is imperative.
Do you ABSOLUTELY need mentors?
If you have great discipline and a humongous drive, then you can accomplish tasks by yourselves.
But this process may take years… a great mentor will greatly cut down that learning time.
Mentors have been there and done that, they have committed mistakes along the way and will make sure that you don’t fall into the same pits.
But remember, finding a mentor isn’t enough.. you need to find a great mentor.
“No such thing as bad student, only bad teacher. Teacher say, student do.”, Mr Miyagi.
- 5 Tips for Finding and Keeping a Good Mentor | Entrepreneur
- 8 Successful People Share How Not To Find A Mentor | Fast Company
Chapter 5: Building an Inspirational Coaching Business
“Your dream job doesn’t not exist you must create it” – Anonymous
This is one of the more important chapters.
Most coaches don’t understand the importance of developing a business acumen and creating your own coaching business.
So without further ado let’s get started:
- 10 Practical Tips to Start a Coaching Business | Southern Cross Coaching
- How to Build a Coaching Practice with a Blog | Chris Garrett
Chapter 6: Finding the Perfect Client
“Get closer than ever to your customers So close that you tell them what they need even before they realise it themselves” – Steve Jobs
Being a great coach is more about finding clients, who best suit your vision and program, than you think.
Think about it, you can have the best coaching program in the world but what is the use of it if you can’t deliver it to the correct people?
- How to Attract Your Perfect Life Coaching Clients | Life Mastery Institute
- How to Discover Your Perfect Target Customer in 5 Steps | Duct Tape Marketing
Chapter 7: How to Connect with Your Clients
“Customers are assets to be cared for and nurtured” – Jeanne Bliss
Your clients are your everything.
Let me edit that…your relationship with your clients is your everything.
You must not take this for granted at all. You have to realise that when a client signs up for you , they are giving you their dreams and future.
Understand the importance of it and cultivate a healthy relationship with them.
- Ultimate Guide To Keeping Your Coaching Clients | Evercoach
Chapter 8: Becoming a Social Media Tsar
“Social media is about sociology and psychology more than technology” –Brian Solis
No you didn’t read that wrong.
These articles won’t make you a social media star, it will make you the king (Tsar) of social media.
So are you ready?
- 4 Steps to Mastering Any Social Media Platform | Digital Match Box
- 50 Tips for Mastering Social Media | Business Pundit
Chapter 9: Trusting the Process
“Hold the vision, trust the process” – Anonymous
Now that you know what to do, all that you have to you need to trust the process and keep your vision strong.
The results will come, all that you have to do is to keep putting in the work.
The law of attractions helps those who help themselves.
- Creative Visualization & the Law of Attraction | Success Consciousness
- How to Manifest Your Reality | The Mind Unleashed
So there you go the ultimate coach guide.
Share it with your friends and family or anyone who will find value from it.
If you want to add some resource to this article, then please do so.